15 Great Father-Daughter Dance Songs
Sep 25, 2011 04:33PM
● By Anonymous
As soon as I heard Edwin McCain's "Walk with You," I knew I wanted to dance with my father to that song.
He had different plans. I threw out a bunch of songs, he vetoed all of them. Steve Curtis Chapman's "Cinderella"? No. Paul Simon's "Father and Daughter"? No. Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole's "Unforgettable"? No.
He suggested Louis Armstrong's "Wonderful World." Pretty song, but I had recently seen it as a mother-son dance at another wedding. It was the same reason I wouldn't consider Heartland's "I Loved Her First" or Bob Carlisle's "Butterfly Kisses." I didn't want a song that I had seen done before.
We ended up dancing to Frank Sinatra's "Always," as it was a song that was sung at my paternal grandparents' wedding in the 1940s.
In order to help you choose the perfect song for you and your daddy, I've put together a list of my favorite 15 father-daughter dance songs. Hopefully you two will agree on something more easily than my dad and I did!
- “Cinderella,” Steven Curtis Chapman
- “Walk with You,” Edwin McCain
- "You'll be in my Heart," Phil Collins
- “Butterfly Kisses,” Bob Carlisle
- “Stealing Cinderella,” Chuck Wicks
- “Father and Daughter,” Paul Simon
- “Unforgettable,” Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
- “When You Come Back Down,” Nickel Creek
- “I'll Stand by You," The Pretenders (or Carrie Underwood)
- “Isn’t She Lovely,” Stevie Wonder
- “In My Life,” The Beatles
- “My Girl,” The Temptations
- “My Wish,” Rascal Flatts
- “Ready, Set, Don’t Go,” Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley Cyrus
- “What a Wonderful World,” Louis Armstrong
Perfect for Stepfathers: “He Didn’t Have to Be,” Brad Paisley