Photography: Which shots do I want for my wedding?
May 14, 2013 05:33PM
● By Anonymous
1. The superhero shirt reveal. (For groomsmen.) Why this pose, you might ask? Well, because superheroes never go out of style.
2. The traditional party shots. After the ceremony, the reception is where all the fun happens. Since you and your meant-to-be will be busy thanking your guests for coming, you’ll need plenty of crowd photographs to glance at later on. Adding this shot to your list will guarantee you won’t have missed any moment from the evening.
3. Your first kiss as husband and wife. Having this memory is something you’ll cherish for a lifetime. Make it special, make it you as a couple – it’ll stand still in time forever.
4. The first dance. One of the most traditional things about weddings is the first dance between the happy newlyweds. This is a moment that you’ll want to have on your photography list no matter what.
5. The bridal party. Now that the groomsmen are photographed in their superhero’s best, it’s your turn to take a cute photo or two. Be creative! There are many options to fit each bride, among them, a few of my favorites: bridesmaids in the morning, bridal party “selfies,” bridesmaid silliness, and the ultimate traditional pose.
6. Cutting the cake…
7. …and then smashing it. You’ve spent all of this time tasting cake samples, so it’s time to really enjoy it. If that means it’ll be smashed into your face, so be it. Another moment to remember… and wash out of your hair for the next few days.
You're sure to look back at your wedding photos, and with photographs like these, you’ll spend a lifetime smiling and laughing together. What could possibly be better than that?
Now, we turn it around to you, What’s Up? Weddings readers. Did you have any interesting, funny, or special photographs taken at your wedding? Share them with us! We’d love to see what your special day looked like.